Farm Fresh: June 23 Dodger minors highlights
By Miranda Perez
Highlights from the Dodger farm system for June 23, including Hyun-Jin Ryu’s latest rehab outing and two walkoff wins …
- In his second game with the Triple-A Oklahoma City Dodgers since being acquired from the Mariners on June 19, infielder Chris Taylor started at third and went 4-for-4 with a double, a run scored and an RBI in the Dodgers’ 9-6 defeat. Taylor is currently on a seven-game hitting streak and has reached base in 21 consecutive games.
- Hyun-Jin Ryu pitched shutout ball in his first two innings but struggled in his two, giving up eight runs (five earned) on 10 hits in all. He threw 77 pitches, striking out four and not issuing a walk. Another familiar face, Mike Bolsinger, came in after Ryu and provided 2 2/3 scoreless innings of relief with five strikeouts in his first appearance since being optioned.
- In Double-A Tulsa, Jacob Scavuzzo (2 for 4) gave the Drillers their second walkoff win in two days, hitting a solo shot in the bottom of the ninth to defeat Northwest Arkansas, 4-3. Cody Bellinger doubled and also homered in the game, his eighth of the season.
- At Class-A Rancho Cucamonga, the Quakes also walked off, beating High Desert 4-3 thanks to an unconventional RBI single by Devan Ahart. With two outs and the bases loaded, Ahart hit a routine fly ball that was lost in the lights by the Mavericks’ right fielder, allwoing Joey Curletta to score the game-winning run.
- First-round pick Gavin Lux earned his first two hits with the AZL Dodgers, going 2-for-4 with a double, a run scored and one RBI in the Dodgers’ 9-2 victory over the AZL Padres. Through three games, Lux is 2 for 8 with a double and three walks.