Farm Fresh: June 28 Dodger minors highlights
By Josh Gurnick
Highlights from the Dodger farm system for June 28, including a offensive outburst in the Dominican Summer League…
- O’Koyea Dickson extended his hitting streak to six games for Triple-A Oklahoma City, hitting his eighth homer of the season and finished the night 3 for 4. Dickson has collected three or more hits in six games and is posting a .420 on-base percentage in 2016.
- Andrew Sopko allowed one run in six innings and struck out seven in Single-A Rancho Cucamonga’s 3-1 victory over Visalia. Garrett Kennedy went 2 for 3, his sixth multi-hit game of the season, including his second homer of the season. Kevin Brown struck out three in two innings of relief and has tossed six scoreless innings in five games out of the bullpen since being promoted to the Quakes.
- In Single-A Great Lakes’ 4-1 loss to Lansing, Isaac Anderson tossed his fourth quality start of the season, going six innings and allowing three runs on three hits with nine strikeouts.
- Luke Raley (3 for 5 with a triple and three RBI) scored the last of Rookie League Ogden’s three runs in the bottom of the ninth inning for a 12-11 walkoff win. This year’s seventh-round draft pick, Raley is 4 for 9 for the Raptors after a 10-for-16 debut in Arizona Rookie League play.
- In a 21-1 victory in the Dominican Summer League, the Dodgers’ first three hitters in the lineup combined to go 12-for-20. Mervin Romero increased his season hits total from six to 11, going 5-for-7 with two RBI and five runs scored. Starling Heredia finished the game 3 for 6 with a double, triple, four runs scored and five RBI. Heredia leads his team with 23 hits in 16 games.