Hill, Norris, Liberatore set for rehab outings
By Jon Weisman
Here’s a recap and look ahead at the state of Dodger pitching, based on Dave Roberts’ comments to reporters today:
- Today: Brandon McCarthy starts on five days’ rest. (A.J. Ellis, making his third start since July 28, will catch.) Bud Norris will make a rehab start of approximately 75 pitches for Single-A Rancho Cucamonga.
- Sunday: Brett Anderson makes his 2016 debut. At Rancho, reliever Adam Liberatore is scheduled for a rehab outing.
- Monday: While the Dodgers have a travel day, Rich Hill is likely to have a rehab start with Triple-A Oklahoma City.
- Tuesday: Kenta Maeda starts the series opener in Philadelphia on six days’ rest, with Liberatore rehabbing again for Rancho.
- Wednesday: Scott Kazmir starts, also on six days’ rest.
- Thursday: This would be Ross Stripling’s turn, but according to what Roberts said today, Stripling will be available in long relief. McCarthy or Norris might make the start.
- Over the next several days, pitchers that could be optioned to make room for Anderson, Norris and Liberatore include Urias, Stripling, Grant Dayton, Josh Fields and Josh Ravin.