In case you missed it: Giants take day off in race
By Jon Weisman
A few quick notes before the Dodgers begin their second Colorado-or-bust, three-game road trip.
The Dodgers will play three games in 48 hours (weather permitting) between tonight and Wednesday afternoon, then fly home.
San Francisco is off tonight, so there will be a half-game added or subtracted from the Dodgers’ two-game lead in the National League West this evening. The Dodgers will gain back the off day on the Giants on Thursday.
After two games at home Tuesday and Wednesday vs. Arizona, San Francisco travels to Wrigley Field to play four games with the Cubs.
- Kenta Maeda’s pseudo-journey to Rookie League ball ended with his official recall today. Brock Stewart was optioned to Double-A Tulsa, whose season ends September 5.
- Ross Stripling will start Wednesday for the Dodgers, with Bud Norris available out of the bullpen for the time being, Dave Roberts told reporters.
- Rob Segedin, who is starting at third base today, was named to the 2016 All-Pacific Coast League team, representing Triple-A Oklahoma City.
- Shawn Zarraga was outrighted Sunday off the 40-man roster and resumed play with Oklahoma City by going 2 for 4 Sunday. The Dodgers currently have a 40-man vacancy.
- Julio Urías now leads National League rookie starting pitchers in fielding-independent pitching, according to Fangraphs. Click the chart below to enlarge.